Friday, August 1, 2014

Road Trip - Day 32 - 36: Tucson, AZ

I always love coming to Tucson! I stopped calling Tucson "home" after a few years of being in Chicago, but now since we are technically homeless and unemployed, this is the closest place to home :)

Not only did we get to see my Mom, but we also got to see Bone Crusher! After almost 6 weeks in Arizona, to say he was excited was an understatement! He did lots of showing off in the pool, diving for balls, chasing lizards and harassing the cats!

Water pup
Victory!  

My Mom will probably be mortified that I am putting this pic up of Reily because it is not representative of him at all, but its too funny! He is the most mild mannered, gentle dog, until you get bones in the mix, which should be no surprise to anyone. This is actually a play action shot, they never stop playing. I think they are going to miss each other big time!  

Reily can fit Bones' whole head in his mouth!

We did all of the normal delicous Tucson spots - Rosa's (best white people Mexican food EVER!), Beyond Bread (yummy), La Salsa (fish tacos and salsa bar), El Charro (Chris' new favorite Tucson place) and Pastiche, where I worked in college. Pastiche had a serious makeover! Its open and the bar is expanded, loved it, we missed Julie and Pat, but we got to see Peyton!

Peyton even let me behind the bar, Rickster never would have done that :)

The El Charro Patio 


And then we tried some new places downtown - which is completly different than even a year ago.  We went to Thunder Canyon Brewery, Reily's, Hub (OMG, the ice cream is so good!) and tried to go to Pizzeria Bianco (a James Beard Chef's restaurant) that just opened that week, but the wait was too long.

Downtown Tucson, so hip right now
My mom also threw a little party for friends and family to say goodbye - it was awesome to see everyone - Lisa, Rob, Colin, Uncle Nicky, Holly, Sue and Jerry all where there.  I didn't take any photos....my cousin did, she of course did not send them to me....I hope she is reading this and feeling bad :)

The trip ended with us selling our trusty dissel Jetta - La Jetta Blunt at Car Max. They gave us a great offer and it only took 38 minutes to sell our car!

La Jetta got us though the whole road trip (well not to LA) with no issues! However, she was the source of our one and only fight on the road - I wanted to take her mid trip to get checked out, you know, just in case there was an issue, I didn't want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere America. And on the other side, Chris thought that was dumb, if something was wrong he didn't want to know. Well, he was right, I was wrong.

It's been real
Thanks Mama for everything! We took over the house for five days packing and re-packing for hours on end. Bone Crusher also ruled the roost, we are forever grateful for you taking care of our furry kid while we had a crazy road trip adventure! 

Mama - AKA Shorty!  
Peace out Tucson, see you in a few years! Love you Mama!  

1 comment:

  1. I AM reading...and I am NOT feeling bad - have patience my Grasshopper and you will get the photos!

    ReplyDelete