Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bourke Street Bakery

Ask any Australian "where should I go in Sydney" and they will all include Bourke Street Bakery (pronounced Burk). Lucky us, it is less than 1k (1.6k = 1 mile) from our apartment in Surry Hills.

The line is out the door and people spill over to sitting in the park across the street (like we did)
I can never decide what to order, it all looked amazing, so I just asked the girl at the counter what she recommended for savory and sweet. I wound up with a sausage roll and mini ginger creme brûlée.


I had no idea what to expect with the sausage roll and if I'm being honest, when I saw it I was a little disappointed/scared/wanted what Chris had. Well, I was wrong, it was AMAZING. So tasty, it was definitely a tad on the heavier side for breakfast, but no different than a egg, ham and cheese sandwich in the states.

This little treat was so good, I saved some for dinner

Chris had a ham and swiss croissant and a mixed berry and chocolate muffin. I know people hate this word, but the muffin was so moist. It was the fluffiest most delicious muffin I have ever had!


On another note, if you know Chris, you know he hates sharing food. I kind of can't believe he has been sharing everything with me here - I know this won't last much longer :) But since I also know he isn't reading this blog, I think my secret is safe for at least a little longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment