Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Exploring the Northern Beaches

A few weekends ago we decided to rent a car and take a day trip to some of the hard to get to Northern Beaches. The Northern Beaches are across the harbor from the Opera House and are definitely less crowded. We traveled about an hour North of downtown Sydney. We visited West Head Lookout in the Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Notional Park, Church Point bay for lunch, Clareville for a coffee and Palm Beach to relax on the beach.

Here was our route

Chris made me drive most of the time and I am happy to report that I did not drive on the wrong side of the street once. I did, however, run over a massive snake, which I did not like. I thought this was very Aussie, but apparently its rare and I should feel special about it.

Here are a few photos form our little day trip. Its definitely worth the trip if you visit!

Lunch in Church Point Bay 

Coffee stop in Clareville

View of Palm Beach from the National Park 

Palm Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment