Sunday, October 5, 2014

Christmas in September

The day our stuff arrived was like Christmas. I was so excited to see what we packed, I honestly could not remember. We had 15 boxes, 2 bikes and a trash can. Yes, we brought our trash can down unda (thanks Puhalla's!).

It took exactly 12 weeks door-to-door to get our stuff. We used Suddath from the states and I forget the name of the company who handled the Aussie side. I think the entire process is a but of a sham, you just really have no idea what is happening and the industry is not the most focused on customer service. I would recommend Suddath, I think my frustrations were more with the process and customs - there just are not a lot of details and you have to be the initiator to get information.

I definitely don't remember there being this mound of packing paper 

Don't worry we packed most of our coozies. These compression bags did come in handy- thanks Marlene! 


And we packed a lot of athletic shoes. We have a whole box filled with bike shoes and gear. That box is now in the basement storage unit. Even moving across the world, you still just have lots of stuff. It makes you realize how much.  


But the fun really came when Bone Crusher started playing fetch in the mountain of paper. I wish I had a flip book for all the pictures in this sequence, I guess I could do one, but I'll just show you a few of him chasing his ball.  










Finally 

No comments:

Post a Comment